New Camera, 2 Squirrels

rbduffer

Dec 15, 2014
Fallbrook
Hey guys,
I love the good varmint videos on this site (i.e. crossman), so I tied my new camera to my old 20x spotting scope to see what would happen. Here are literally the first two vids that I took. I didn't even know that there was audio until I played it back and caught my brother and I candidly.
I hope it works!?!

Lucky Squirrel

Not so Lucky

If there's a better way to post this, please let me know. Thanks

Reactions: TRICER
Thanks guys.

Brian, I am using an Olympus E-M10 mounted to a B&L 20X sitting on an old Manfrotto tripod.

The Lucky guy is at 102 yards, the Unlucky guy is at 88. Ruger 10/22 subsonic HPs.

Hey guys,
I love the good varmint videos on this site (i.e. crossman), so I tied my new camera to my old 20x spotting scope to see what would happen. Here are literally the first two vids that I took. I didn't even know that there was audio until I played it back and caught my brother and I candidly.
I hope it works!?!

Lucky Squirrel

Not so Lucky

If there's a better way to post this, please let me know. Thanks

Great video. Super clear for 100 yards! Tough squirrel too. Cottontails die of a heart attack just hearing the gun.

Thanks Dawg. Yeah I prefer the thwack sound you get from a squirrel. I was very surprised that the little camera mic was able to pick it up from 88 yards.

Hey Dana, great video as always. You turned that out quick! I showed it to my buddy, who's a huge air gun fanatic. He's ready to get out hunting again!

Reactions: Crosman999
Hey Dana, great video as always. You turned that out quick! I showed it to my buddy, who's a huge air gun fanatic. He's ready to get out hunting again!
Thanks! I didn't mean to highjack your thread here. That camera you got looks as though it works great,hope to see more. Airguns are really cool and always like to hear of people getting involved in them. Good stuff!

Thanks for the very generous offer, but my buddy has a bad knee, back, etc. So he only hunts from the back porch now. And his semi custom air guns are too nice for me to risk in the field.
But I will try to figure something out. Thanks again.
Randy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu