new glass

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
So ive got most of what i need to hunt but quality binos. i currently use some cheap 8x22 i found in my house. looking at the Vortex Diamondbacks. it fits my budget at the time and later i will invest in somethign for long rang glassing. my question is if theirs a noticeable difference between objective lens size (ex. 42 to 50)

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I've had the vortex Diamondback 10x50 for 3 years, not even the HD version and it was a game changer for me. I am on a big time budget so this was all I could afford and still very happy with them. Before that I used some Nikons and they suck big time now that I go back and look through them.

Good idea on going to shop and looking through some as mentioned above.

I am now looking for some 15's

Good luck!!

Don’t buy 50s buy a pair of 10x42s. I would recommend spending a little more and getting vipers for around $500. If you can’t swimg vipers get a pair of vortex diamond backs. I bought some for my kid and they are very serviceable.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Don’t buy 50s buy a pair of 10x42s. I would recommend spending a little more and getting vipers for around $500. If you can’t swimg vipers get a pair of vortex diamond backs. I bought some for my kid and they are very serviceable.
what are your thoughts on why not to get the 50s

what are your thoughts on why not to get the 50s
Lighter, less bulky. You probably won't tell the difference other than the first or last 2 minutes of the day. I wouldn't get 10x50's even at the same cost unless they were going to stay in the truck.

Reactions: TRICER
Love my vortex diamond back 10x42 picked up a tripod this year and what a difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sdhunt17
I also have 10x42 vortex.
I like them because they are light and clear.
Also for got to add
The size of the object of 10x50
Will be larger.
That is why a 10 inch telescope
Will see an object in the sky larger and clearer than a 3 inch telescope
With the same magnification.

I had 10x50 before by the end of the
Day it felt heavy.
Best
LB

I have a pair of vortex viper hd’s For sale, 10x42 pm me if interedted

I would strongly encourage you to look at the Maven C1’s.

This fairly new company blows Vortex out of the water in my opinion.

If you choose the “demo” 10x42’s they cost $315 and you can test them out for a few weeks and return them if you don’t like them.

My dad was going to get a pair of Viper HD’s and I convinced him to order a demo of th C1’s. We both believe the C1’s were just as good if not better for much better price. American made and same warrenty, they just sell direct to consumer.

https://shop.mavenbuilt.com/collections/demo-units/products/demo-unit-c-1

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu