New Mexico 2020

That’s a great unit did you draw a rifle or archery tag? I have applied for the January rut archery hunt a few times but the draw odds are like 2%. That unit has big deer and you have potential to shoot a monster. Congrats on a great tag!

That’s a great unit did you draw a rifle or archery tag? I have applied for the January rut archery hunt a few times but the draw odds are like 2%. That unit has big deer and you have potential to shoot a monster. Congrats on a great tag!

1st rifle

High success rate for 2B. Lots of tags issued (475) and across the board in that unit there are over 1800 tags issued. 150" bucks are common and a few larger buck are shot in this unit every year. It's a unit in the decline due to being over hunted. Big bucks are getting harder find as apposed to years past.

The youth rut hunt ( @Truduct ) on this unit is still pretty awesome!

You and your Dad will definitely have a good hunt. Quite a few deer migrate into this unit so you will be hunting local deer and migrating deer. The deer come over from the Indian reservation as well. I used to apply for this hunt every year.

Put in for all species, only got 1 draw and it was a unit 2B deer tag for myself and my dad who has never shot a deer, so I'm pretty excited. From what I've learned there are some pretty good deer there and our bar is not very high. Can't wait!
Awesome! I go to school out in NM (Socorro) if you need anything feel free to reach out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu