New Mexico deer hunt

Snake Charmer

Happiness is a warm gut pile
Oct 13, 2011
San Diego
www.highonkennels.com
Spent last week helping a buddy (Just My Game) with a deer hunt on private land. We spent five days hunting and found about forty deer of which about one third were bucks. Not knowing the quality of deer on the ranch we let a big five by five walk on the first evening which would turn out to be the biggest we saw. The mulies there don't show themselves much, you have an hour or two in the morning and the same at night to find them before they bed in the brush then you have to practically step on them before they will get up, That's how we found this guy, He was shot in the last ten minutes of the last day.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    629.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Ahh my home territory! Good looking buck! That was always my experience deer hunting, if you don't get one in the morning get ready for a lot of walking and quick shooting when you almost step on one. Thanks for taking me down not-so-distant memory lane

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu