New Mexico Results

Papadeuce

Aug 27, 2018
Carlsbad
This is the first year I've put in for NM draws so I'm curious when they typically report results. Any ideas? Trying to plan a few more hunts and knowing would certainly help.

Thanks.

What did you put in for?
I am in for Elk, Deer, Oryx, and Audad.

my boys are in for Deer and Audad.

Hoping to pull a Gila bull tag or a unit 2 deer tag. The boys have like double the odds of drawing a unit 2 tag and their season is the latest in the state. It would be an awesome hunt.

What did you put in for?

Hoping to pull a Gila bull tag or a unit 2 deer tag. The boys have like double the odds of drawing a unit 2 tag and their season is the latest in the state. It would be an awesome hunt.
I’m in for deer and elk. Elk is basically a shot in the dark but I may actually have a chance at drawing deer.

Reactions: TRICER
What did you put in for?

Drew,

My old buddy Mark, is the best guide in the Gila that money can buy....Hope you get drawn.

Reactions: TRICER and Kellendv
Drew,

My old buddy Mark, is the best guide in the Gila that money can buy....Hope you get drawn.
Good to know. I have never bow hunted elk in the rut with a bow but I haven’t done most things I have done in the past.

I am gonna have to make a decision if I draw the tag. My gut says man up put on my pack and go find a bull. Backpack hunt bulls in the Gila like Aldo Leopold.

a guide has been on my mind potentially

Last edited:
Reactions: stikbrandon
Good to know. I have never bow hunted elk in the rut with a bow but I haven’t done most things I have done in the past.

I am gonna have to make a decision if I draw the tag. My gut says man up put on my pack and go find a bull. Backpack hunt bulls in the Gila like Aldo Leopold.

a guide has been on my mind potentially

The Aldo Leopold is across from his ranch...BIG BULLS, BIG COUNTRY

.DSCF1268.JPG

Well we struck out in NM. There’s always next season.
C9A53934-1F9C-4C52-A1F0-1A94D77D770F.jpeg

Attachments

• 6AB3ABB4-1BBF-4714-99C0-54D957F74FB3.jpeg
    6AB3ABB4-1BBF-4714-99C0-54D957F74FB3.jpeg
    723.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 5407BAE6-023F-41B3-BFF6-8FE48EE21AFE.jpeg
    5407BAE6-023F-41B3-BFF6-8FE48EE21AFE.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 7
Let the wife know I wouldn’t be going to NM this year. She immediately asked when we get our money back, hahahaha.

Thanks for being bummed with me, babe!

Dang nothing.. I learned my lesson, need to apply for everything next year

No luck here as well, applied for five different species and drew nothing!

Looks like I should be able to give you some since it’s all coming back to me. Not my year to get lucky. Still a few states left.
Az deer coming up...you'll score on that draw for sure.. especially the juniors bro...AZ loves the juniors.. way it should be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-202044-277.png
    Screenshot_20210421-202044-277.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 8
N.M. draws are tough, even for the folks that live there. That is my home state, and I knew a guy that put in for Oryx for over 20 years before he got drawn.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu