New PB

Cali Ridge Runner

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
Stuck a good one about a week before they shut down the lakes. Lower Otay 13# and change. 13” Gambler worm. The hit was hard and the hook set was one of my best. You can always tell when you stick a good one because they barely move when you stick em. Fishing was getting good till all this mess started.

8BDC8CF7-11F8-4226-8837-59023FABA94F.jpegD08A4D88-3198-48D2-AA82-EE72C7374E80.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctor is right, Stevo!!

Hell yeah buddy, that is a tank!!

As I look at the fish in that picture it doesnt appear to be overly full of eggs. Maybe the picture is bad. Was it spawned out? I just wonder if it would have been larger if full of eggs.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
It was the only bite I got all day. They were in full spawn and spooky! I tied on the big worm and first cast parallel to the weed line right on the edge I swam that big worm on the bottom. Must of rolled right over her bed. She hit it while it was moving. I thought it was game over when I got her up to the tube and she swam under my tube and spun me around twice lol still amazes me when you catch a Giant how big their mouth is. That 13” worm looked tiny pulling it out of her mouth.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu