new season, new species

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
Finally was able to make time to get out about. got off work early on Friday and headed up to one of my rabbit holes in julian. had success and was able to drop 1 for dinner. 20 yard shot, in one eye out the other. 40333

other than that bunny missed a few others. headed up to laguna and set up camp and enjoyed a fresh organic dinner.
next day woke up early and scouted a few areas of interest. almost stepped on a rattler but he became lunch instead.

few moments after bagging my quarry I jumped a few young bucks and marked bedding areas and found cams and a stand. marked and will come back during season. laguna had lots of new growth.
it was a hot one and so I did a little bit more scouting of my way points and called it.
on the way back I ran into this guy and he was my dinner haha.

I had a good weekend. and id say squirrel is my new fav meat.

ps if anyone is thinking of getting gaiters. please do. I finally but my firstlite gaiters to work and had no rocks or prickles get into my socks.

We should have R2R do a podcast called "What won't Larry eat..?" and feature him feasting on all kinds of stuff. I am thinking Fear Factor-ish ----- but food only.

Since he ate coyote we are already off to a good start...this is right up his alley.

It can be all the gross things nobody else would dare touch...

This is a can't lose idea..! We need to jump on this...

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Obviously you haven't seen my current love-handles.

About the only thing I wouldn't eat again... (besides your sister <Badump-Bump!>) would be Uni. That cold Sea Urchin stuff was just gross.

As long as the thing doesn't smell very off-putting I'll give it a shot. My nose has never let me down when it comes to warning me about a food that's gone bad.

Wait.. no... that isn't True... I wouldn't eat another animals gonads or genitalia. And yet strangely, with enough liquor, I'd have to admit I probably would eat your sister again <Badump-Bump!> HaHAA!

Dude... I'm sorry about the whole sister thing... you just set me up too easy for the alley-oop on that one! The comedian in me had to do it. Again... too far... sorry.

You would have to come at me a lot harder than that to even get my attention.. ZERO offense taken.

Our first podcast...……."Big Game Penis of the World" where you will compare and contrast the various big game animals and their tastiness.....penis only. We will start with North America first and work around the globe.

You said you wouldn't do it but I don't believe it. A drink or two and me challenging your manhood will have you tasting them like they are goin out of style...

Book it.

HA! How did I know!?

Nope. No "Rocky-Mountain Oysters" or whatever for me. Sorry... ain't hap'nin. Bro-code.

Also I wouldn't want to eat brains, or eyeballs or entrails. Especially not kidneys.

Hearts cool. Lung no. Livers cool. Tongue is fine (it's chewy as heck though, and ya gotta chop it up into little pieces so you don't recognize it for what it is. Especially Pig tongue cause it looks like what you'd think a human tongue would look like if removed from your body, so it's kinda creepy visually). I wouldn't eat a trachia, they just look too weird. Tripe/menudo/chicarrones is ok. I'd only eat an insect if it was somehow cooked in a manner where it wouldn't pop and goosh when bit down on. And anything my nose sends me a nogo signal on, ain't hap'nin. Such as the kidneys and that ammonia smell. And any kind of tendon silver-skin sheathing or vicera smells nasty to me.

That having been said... I bet I could cook most of that gnarly stuff and y'all would like it when I'm done. Of course, I'd transform it so you can't recognize it. It's amazing what you can do with Olive Oil and herbs and spices.

Reactions: Croakerjoe
G-Dog your comments concerning another forum member's family member and your sexual interactivity with that persons family are contrary in my opinion to basic family values as I see it and does not belong on this site. I would encourage you to show your post to your wife and son and let them tell you tell you what they think about it.

that is what we call survival food brother, but ya don't handle ground squirrel, fleas are dangerous,
my ancestors would throw them into fire pit to burn all the fleas...

Last edited:
G-Dog your comments concerning another forum member's family member and your sexual interactivity with that persons family are contrary in my opinion to basic family values as I see it and does not belong on this site. I would encourage you to show your post to your wife and son and let them tell you tell you what they think about it.
Hrmm... I'm looking...and strangely I don't see you commenting upon another gentleman's strange fascination with exclusively focusing on genitalia in an inappropriate way, and with inappropriate word choice. Hrmm funny how things like that can work selectively at times, isn't it?

If you're going to criticize me messing with the person who is BLATANTLY messing with me and singling me out... you should check yourself. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You gotta be fair and even and unbiased, which clearly... you're not being.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu