New to the area

Paul D

May 18, 2018
Hey guys and gals,

I’m new to the area (stationed on Camp Pendleton) and am an avid outdoorsman. Mainly waterfowl hunting but also love to get out on the pond and find some big bass. I’d love to be able to get in touch with people who would like an addition to their hunting fishing group for next season. I have all my own gear, guns, decoys, just need someone willing to show me the area as I’ve never been on this side of the country before. (I’m used to hunting woodies in the NC swamps). Thanks in advanced and I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you guys.

-Paul

Reactions: longduck
Pm me and I’m sure we could work something out for next waterfowl season I live about 30 min from base so not to far!!!

Reactions: Paul D
Paul,

Welcome to SCH....Lots of hardcore waterfowler's here on the site....Our two main areas are San Jacinto and Wister Wildlife areas.....You can put in for reservations, but they're not necessary to get on.....Read your California hunting regulations thoroughly.....There's a ton of things you can learn about our systems and will probably be different than NC.

Ask lots of questions and we'll try to help you the best we can.

Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Hunter_r925
First off TYFYS. I’ve heard there can be good bass fishing at O’Niel Lake on the base, but I can’t say for sure. If I were you I’d go try it for myself. It certainly looks fishy.

You’re within an hour of several lakes with monster bass. But this is not North Carolina. The bass here won’t devour spinnerbaits and other standard lures all year round. Lots of pressure on relatively few lakes so other than brief flurries, it’s mostly a finesse bite here. The other option is to cast large trout imitation swim baits all day hoping for that one 10 pounder.

Welcome and good luck!!

Welcome there is hunting on base just stop by the game warden office by lake O’Neil and they will be glad to give you all the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu