Newbie in southern riverside county

Mason

Mar 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get into hunting mostly for upland bird, turkey and varmint for now. Eventually I would like to get into deer, hog, and waterfowl. I live in southern Riverside County but don’t mind driving to places. So far for gear I have a 12 gauge versamax , 700 in .223, also I already have my hunters ed. done. I’m looking for some advice on what else I would need without breaking the bank. I’m also looking into trying to get my new GSP puppy trained so that I can someday take him hunting with me.

Thank you in advance for the advice

Reactions: Moves and dirtriddr
Welcome. How old is your pup? lets see some pics. I love working with my Demon Dog. It's always an adventure

Where is the best place to get training toys around the murrieta temecula area?

Where is the best place to get training toys around the murrieta temecula area?

Online, also I live In Temecula , I work my dog all the time

Pm me if you want some pointers and help with your dog.

By the way Southern riverside has amazing dove a quail hunting if you scout and learn our area

He is a great looking pup. Just take your time with him. What type of toys are you looking for? Anything can be used for training.

The best way to bring out his hunting instincts and train him for hunting. Right now he like hard toys and ropes

Congrat's on your new pup. Versatile dogs are very different than retrievers as far as capabilities go. If you have never owned one I would encourage you to do some homework (look into (NAVHDA) and you will see what they can do. Give us a call if you like and bring the dog up for a no cost evaluation and we'll put some bids out to play with and give you some idea's about how to get him trained.

Reactions: sportyg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu