Newbie looking for Ducks

Captainlandius

Mar 19, 2018
San Diego
Hi All,

I'm a newb here as well. Just started duck hunting this last season as my brother in law has a lease up in the Mendota area and got me into it. While I certainly plan to get up there a few times next season, I need to find something closer to home here in SD! I have been trying to find information and this board has by far been the most useful! I know I need to go check out Wister for sure but am hoping y'all might have some other good advice. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Goyaałé
Welcome to SCH.....Lots of info about Wister in the waterfowl forum.....I always suggest driving out there in the off season, getting a map of the area, and take pictures.....Huge head start when the season rolls around.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu