Niland Geyser Update

Didn't that geyser pop up about 2 years ago? Nice they re-routed the road.

So the road is re-routed and looks great I drove on it lst week. My question is , a train is a lot heavier than an automobile and the geyser looks to be a lot closer to the train tracks than the road .

So the road is re-routed and looks great I drove on it lst week. My question is , a train is a lot heavier than an automobile and the geyser looks to be a lot closer to the train tracks than the road .

I expect to read that train disappears some day...…….. :scream:

The train tracks are now east of the mud pot. More likely that they move the road back to its original position if this thing continues to move in the direction it has been. It could end up in the middle of the che k station parking lot someday.

Thanks for posting Matt. That's some great footage. I kept looking for some green swamp Timothy in the refuge background but only seeing green in the closed zone. Anyone been down there first hand to look around the refuge?

I spent a bit of time on the video and I see some interesting things that really give me hope the current crew is on it.

115C looks burned.
413 looks green.
W11A looks burned.

Attachments

• 115C.jpg
    115C.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 64
  • w11aclose.jpg
    w11aclose.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 64
Okay guys I'm not a very smart man or sober right now but why can't they just take powdered concrete by the shitload and poured into them holes? Seems to me it would eventually dry up and harden.....

BTW Maker's Mark and dr. Pepper makes a great cocktail.

It's gonna keep coming. You can't plug nature. It will just go around and come up somewhere else. My idea would be to drill a well and let it come up where it wants, then plumb it down to the Sea.

Reactions: Ahidog

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu