Non toxic turkey load????

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Anyone know where to get my hands on a couple boxes of non-toxic turkey loads in San Diego? tried Walmart, Turner's Big 5, all up here in Escondido, none have them. The closest was Turner's, but they only had #7 shot. I need a box of both 12 and 20 Gauge. Hoping to get some before this weekend.

Thanks!

Was it #7 in hevi-shot? If so, I wouldn't hesitate shooting it. Wouldn't go crazy trying to push the extreme yardage limits, but it's a killer round. Here's what a 2oz pattern looks like at 30 yards. Looks just about the same at 40. The turkey on the other end of these at 45yrds last year isn't here anymore to comment on their effectiveness.
IMG_8317.PNG

Anyone know where to get my hands on a couple boxes of non-toxic turkey loads in San Diego? tried Walmart, Turner's Big 5, all up here in Escondido, none have them. The closest was Turner's, but they only had #7 shot. I need a box of both 12 and 20 Gauge. Hoping to get some before this weekend.

Thanks!

Go to turners in Kearny Mesa. They have quite a bit and it is ok sale for 19.99 for 10 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. I waited too long to order online, so with shipping I wouldn't have gotten my shells until well into next week, and I usually buy in store at Fine Firearms but they were out as of this past weekend. Someone gave a tip about LMC Ammo in El Cajon, and they luckily had a few options.. they had a couple boxes left of Hevi-Shot in 2 3/4" and 3 1/2", but I picked up some old Federal Premium 3" tungsten-iron turkey loads in #4.

IMG_1092.JPG I went to LMC on Monday and picked these up. Relatively inexpensive $17 for 10 shells. LMC is a mess right now since they just moved, but they are always cool and have random stuff when I need it.

Reactions: Matagi
Jason,

The price was right.....Hope they go off, when you finally have a gobbler in your sights.....:eek:.....j/k.....Sure they'll kill 'em, if they're close enough......;)

ps.....Just got the Roger's Hevi-Shot Blend in the mail today.....I know they'll go off.....:blush:

Ok, thanks everyone. I drive right by the Kearney Mesa Turner's on the 163 every day, so I'll stop by today on my way home. Appreciate it.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu