Noob in San Diego

msteiger

Oct 16, 2012
San Diego
Hello Everyone-

I'm a total noob, coming from zero background in hunting. This site looks like a great resource for local knowledge. I just bought my first license and I'm thinking I'll start out on small game, upland, and chasing the elusive SD county pigs. I have a nice Gamo pellet rifle that I figured would be good for rabbits, and maybe other small game. I also bought a .270 rifle in case I manage to find those pigs. I'm trying to finagle borrowing a shotgun from my grandpa, but I plan to eventually buy my own.

I have a lot to learn about the sport. I will definitely be trying to glean as much info as I can from you guys. I tend to keep my e-mouth shut until I feel I have something to contribute.

Good luck out there and hopefully we run into each other one day.

Tell us where you're from so we can point you in the right direction.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hunting/

Click on the "Regulations (Seasons, Limits, etc.)" and you'll be able to find the season dates and what you can currently hunt. Good luck!

Welcome to the site, you definitely got to the right place! all of us will share our knowledge with you and help you all the way so you can have a great hunting experience. I think a .270 is a great caliber to start with and there is a bunch of pig hunters here that will send you to the right place.

Take care and welcome again to our site.

Papi

Welcome aboard ! The more you post and get involved the more these guys will share with you.

Welcome to the website msteiger. Hope you enjoy all it has to offer.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu