Not abundant, but we got what we were looking for

pchen911

Oct 6, 2014
Third year hunting with my kid. Both of us got our first rabbit of the season.

Out at the BLM, rabbits not terribly plentiful. (They were everywhere on our drive out, just not where we can shoot them). Construction traffic was horrible. No longer the sense of privacy and isolation that used to be when out there...

Nice little hike, couple opportunities presented themselves and we each took one rabbit. Good enough. Enjoyable day and will spit roast the rabbits in the backyard fire pit and make for another enjoyable day cooking and eating them.

19904968_10154824265529639_728990662455479618_n.jpg

Looks fun to me. Way to get the next generation out there.

Time in the field together, way to go! I know what you mean about rabbits. There were five on the grass in front of Taco Bell when I drove through last nite. In the field, they're hard to find and super skittish!

Nice job. I have an idea where you're hunting.. I can point you in the right direction where I've been seeing lots of bunnies out there.
That would be great! Most of my spots that I've scouted out there have been taken away due to construction. I will send you a PM

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu