NWTF Meeting Feb 26th, 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hi guys,

Our next meeting is Tuesday Feb 26th (always 4th Tuesday)….The meeting starts at 6:30....Although, many of us get there early for dinner....This meeting and the next meeting (March 25th) will be at Kaminski's in Poway (12735 Poway Rd.)….Hope to see you there.

Turkey season is just around the corner....The NWTF/SCI sponsored Santa Ysabel Youth Hunt drawing is March 2nd....The hunts are March 23rd & 24th.

General season opens March 30th.

.058.JPG

Great meeting tonight and a pleasure meeting a bunch of new guys with SCH'ers leading the way.....How'd everyone like the new location?

It was nice to see that more people is finding out about NWTF San Diego. The chapter is growing!!

Family and I enjoyed it.
Daughter may be interested in getting out for a jr turkey hunt. I think I will take her to the range and see how she does prior to investing in gear for her.
Thanks for sharing the great information and stories.
Now gotta find me that magic public spot....
-Robert

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Family and I enjoyed it.
Daughter may be interested in getting out for a jr turkey hunt. I think I will take her to the range and see how she does prior to investing in gear for her.
-Robert
Robert,
in my humble opinion, a comfortable waterproof pair of boots is a good start. Then, as you heard last night, a good comfortable set of snake proof chaps is a must.
You can buy a leafy bug suit so she can wear any dark warm clothing she might already have. Here is a link.
There is a lot more you can invest in, but you need to know if she will like it or not.
Fabian

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I am bummed to miss the last meeting and the turkey tune-up. I've been wrecked this last week with the flu, didn't get out of bed for a few days. Still trying to recover

Family and I enjoyed it.
-Robert
Just brake out the wallet and go get it

Robert,
in my humble opinion, a comfortable waterproof pair of boots is a good start. Then, as you heard last night, a good comfortable set of snake proof chaps is a must.
You can buy a leafy bug suit so she can wear any dark warm clothing she might already have. Here is a link.
There is a lot more you can invest in, but you need to know if she will like it or not.
Fabian
thanks.
and yup, Gaiters on the list, as well as a guillie suit for myself, turkey chair, tripod.
she has never shot a gun before so, want to make sure that goes well. then maybe a 20ga for her.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu