NWTF Monthly Meeting....4-23-19

Wish I could make it but some last minute travel came up. Will catch up with everyone in May.
Enjoy that great Kaminski’s BBQ!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I plan on being there with the kiddos.
Vaguely recall someone asking if Flydown Custom Calls was going to make an appearance and do another demo?
This on the radar for tonight?
-Robert

I plan on being there with the kiddos.
Vaguely recall someone asking if Flydown Custom Calls was going to make an appearance and do another demo?
This on the radar for tonight?
-Robert
TRYING NOT SURE IF IT WILL HAPPEN

Josh, if you do make it, bring some calls to sell, I need to purchase some from you.....
On my list, but have been procrastinating. If you don't make it tonight, I'll just hit up the website.
Thanks,
-Robert

Good discussion last night.
Not a big surprise in retrospect, but did hear about the continued trend of state legislation being proposed to further restrict our current constitutional freedoms and degrade our hunting opportunities. Concerning to say the least.
For those of you not involved or engaged (this includes myself to a large degree), call to action time.
Be aware, be informed, be active, or wake up tomorrow wondering wtf happened...
I believe the overall general message and all the great acts/actions being done in the name of wildlife conservation by organizations such as NWTF, Ca Waterfowl, Ducks Unlim, etc... are either not being communicated to the extent they need to be, or are being overshadowed by the negative perception of what a hunter is. Not to mention the financial funding being provided to state wildlife organizations through the purchase of licenses, tags, donations, etc.... and what this funding accomplishes in the name of wildlife conservation.
I believe many of us 'hunters' are primarily conservationists, outdoorsman, family centric, community focused individuals first, that just happen to be hunters as well. Our message needs to convey this if we hope to influence the predefined perceptions that negatively affect our interests.
I, for one, plan on doing more.

And as always Steve, thanks for all you do and for leading the charge!

All IMHO of course.
-Robert

sorry I had to leave early, family emergency. Was looking forward to discussion.

Thanks Robert....In my old age it's very important to me that our hunting & fishing heritage is passed on....Just trying to lead by example.

ps....Most of us hate politics, but just a fact of life these days....Do your research and vote wisely.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu