On the Board for 2018 - A-22 archery buck down

Ghosthunter

Jan 6, 2011
San Diego
Stoked to have everything come together and be able to fill one of my two tags early this year. This buck came in on me right at dark up hill from me and being I am 25 feet up a tree he was perpendicular with me and pinned me reaching for my bow. I had to leave my hand in the air for over 5 minutes not moving as he was looking right through me. He finally after close to ten minutes reached back to scratch himself and I was able to let my hand down which I was just holding up in the air and was killing me. He finally made his way down and made the right move turning right and walking behind some dead fall that gave me a chance to grab my bow off the hanger and turn to make the shot. He walked out at 28 yards and I made a nice shot double lunging him. Nice to be on the board.IMG_5396.jpg

Attachments

• HUNT3674.JPG
    HUNT3674.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5388.jpg
    IMG_5388.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Well that doesn’t suck! Every hunt has a story to be told over and over. This one will be the frozen pose and aching arm story. Congrats!!!

Awesome! It’s great to fill a tag early and be able to relax a little. Well done!

Congrats on the buck!! I enjoyed seeing the "successful" arrow back in the quiver.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu