On the market for a rangefinder.

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
Last deer season I lost my rangefinder.
@Baller gently sold me one so I could finish the season with one. I appreciate his help. I am giving that to my son so I need another one
If you have one and you are planning on selling it, send me a pm.
Thanks in advance

I need one also. The one I have now sucks :). I think it's a bass pro brand and whenever I see a buck and tried to range it, the darn thing wouldn't pick up anything. Plus add "I found a buck adrenaline", sometimes I couldn't even find the buck through it .. lol. I will start researching and saving some cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
I need one also. The one I have now sucks :). I think it's a bass pro brand and whenever I see a buck and tried to range it, the darn thing wouldn't pick up anything. Plus add "I buck found adrenaline", sometimes I couldn't even find the buck through it .. lol. I will start researching and saving some cash.
This is the one I had:

1581114693844.png

The good thing about it is that the information shows on a glowing red color so it i=s visible in the dark or when you are ranging something is dark in color or against a dark background.
You can preset several different guns loading the ballistics for each one of them.
It was realy great... until I lost it. :(

Fabian I just listed two for sale if you are interested in taking a look at them send me a message.

Here's what I use...I never leave home without it....lol

.https://www.mathsisfun.com/measure/estimate-distance.html

.View attachment 42901
well technology is fun until it fails, I didn't have range finders when I started ether, Peep sight set to One hundred yards.
shot at the range or near by public land, at different distances, just like bow shooting instinctive.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Just got my Sig Kilo 3000 BDX binoculars yesterday. I am very pleased with them so far. I found a house at 2300 yards away and picked it up no problem. And the glass is up to par with my Leupold BX3's with a better FOV.20200512_001040.jpg

do you have an other range finder to test, and came up with the same distance, in other word two range finders within a couple of feet.
that is very far if it's accurate that incredible.

do you have an other range finder to test, and came up with the same distance, in other word two range finders within a couple of feet.
I have a leupild RX1000 but it falls on its face around 600-800 yards depending on what surface i am ranging. The Kilo 3000 specs are pretty good. Screenshot_20200512-081241_Chrome.jpg

You can get an average yardage measurement using OnX. Just find the house on the map drop a marker and measure distance to your location. Those things look badass and definitely a good investment. I'm sure they are pretty dead on.

Reactions: JakeSCH
You can get an average yardage measurement using OnX. Just find the house on the map drop a marker and measure distance to your location. Those things look badass and definitely a good investment. I'm sure they are pretty dead on.

Funny that you mentioned OnX and yardage...Hunting turkeys Sunday morning, I didn't have my Leopold 1000 with me...So, I used OnX to measure the distance to a fence line (private) from where we were set-up...Probably wasn't exact, but close enough for government work.

@punkur67 the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX is an awesome unit. You will definitely like it. They use Japanese glass. Good stuff for sure.

Reactions: punkur67
Used the kilo 3000s with my kestrel today for the first time and its an amazing combo. Hit the range button and it automatically inputs the range in the kestrel via Bluetooth. Then dial your dope and fire

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu