On this memorial day

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
On this Memorial day take time to think about the ones that gave everything. Hoist a glass as we bbq or hang out with family or friends. Tell a story about someone you knew that fought for what we believe in. Read a story about a fallen warrior to a young person. This day is a somber day of remembrance not a party. I am not saying we should not have have fun today, WE SHOULD! celebrate life but what they gave means more then that and should be memorialized.

i have talked about him before but he is the one i come back to often. SSGT Oscar Canon. We met when i tried to setup my first wounded warrior hunt. We were going to be friends for life, i just knew this. what i did not know was that life was just a couple months. He was dedicated and stubborn and more worried about helping others then himself. He was a DUCK hunter to the core. Oscar is at Arlington now Plot: Section 60 Site 9983. i do hope to visit him one day and i know we will see each other in the big duck blind in the sky.

ssgt.jpg
Oscar is on the right
ssgt2.jpg

I have four family members who were the service during and after the Vietnam war.
My ex brother in law, my current brother in law's, my brother, Ann many friends who lost son's in battle.
My ex brother in law was like my older brother and hunting partner. Two term Vietnam vet, may he rest in peace.
And prayers to all gave more to protect this great country.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Ive hosted a few warrior hunts in the past...some of best hunts ive ever had the pleasure of donating...solid humble dudes for sure. Semper fi.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu