Oregon Tag Deadline 5/15

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
If you apply in Oregon the deadline is today. I only get points for Elk, Deer, and Antelope. Total cost is $193. One nice thing about OR is you can build points for kids cheap they cant hunt until 12 but you can start building points at 9. Total cost for a youth license and all three points is $35. Essentially you can get your kid 9 points in OR by the time he is 17 for about $300. Or what you could do is use your kids points in 9 years on a party app and you both have 4.5. Sneaky Sneaky!

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeSCH
States have found a real cash cow.....Just points on 3 animals $193.00?.....Wow!

I'm too old school for sure.......lol

I thought about apply for Oregon this year just to add to the amount of tags I already apply for but was under the impression that they don’t have a huge trophy quality amount of animals. I think that I will apply in the future as a state I can burn points on a decent but fun hunt every couple years I do like the fact that they don’t have a preference point system for sheep so everyone is equal !

I thought about apply for Oregon this year just to add to the amount of tags I already apply for but was under the impression that they don’t have a huge trophy quality amount of animals. I think that I will apply in the future as a state I can burn points on a decent but fun hunt every couple years I do like the fact that they don’t have a preference point system for sheep so everyone is equal !
You can go on a decent hunt there with very minimal points. Plus it’s a great state to get a Roosy in. Pretty much just an elk and deer state for us non residents but why not add another state to the quiver. I do get antelope points but it’s almost like what’s the point go hunt Wyoming. Some of the units in eastern Oregon are awesome for big Muleys.

Reactions: baboltin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu