OUCH... When Future Gun purchases get further set back...

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
Sigh... Optometrist appt. Dang the bill STINGS when ya have to update a lense RX and get another set of Frames.

It's like Yeah... that nice pistol you were maybe thinkin' about? You can forget about that for awhile!

What's some other things like that which have delayed a "want" gear purchase for you?

Sigh... Optometrist appt. Dang the bill STINGS when ya have to update a lense RX and get another set of Frames.

It's like Yeah... that nice pistol you were maybe thinkin' about? You can forget about that for awhile!

What's some other things like that which have delayed a "want" gear purchase for you?

I did PRK in February. One BIG bill then there all gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was asking her today in general what are the traits that makes somebody a candidate for Lasik, and first thing she said is where a patients Rx has stabilized and isn't constantly changing with each new visit. Some other back and forth chit-chat and then she also mentioned corneal implant. And with that she said it's better to wait until beginning signs of cataract are detectable, otherwise Insurance views it as cosmetic and doesn't cover it any.

I don’t know that insurance ever covers it. Set me back $3800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The house dog for me....Great dog, best dog I have ever had. A Labradoodle. The thing is brillant. But Muther effer its been hitting the pocket book and killing my consumption of AR material. Its just pisses me off. I appreciate this venting thread of stuff that keeps us from our passions... @Larry needs a new hand cannon ... I need gun powder.... dang dog....

I been wanting to get a hand-cannon so I can try using that to save weight on some of the more insane hike-ins. And my main spot is short distances anyway, 25-40yds. (Been toying with the idea of just trying with my 4" Ruger .357, for S & G. But freehand I start opening up at 25yds a teensy bit)

I'm torn though. Either be that 8 3/8" S&W Performance Center .44 Mag (so can share loads with Marlin 1894)... OR... Possibly a S&W .460 XVR. Another option the BFR .30-30, since I have a Marlin 336 BL. So I could share ammo there too. But I kinda don't like the idea of a Single Action as my primary weapon, though I suppose that's what a Bolt-Action rifle is, technically.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I been wanting to get a hand-cannon so I can try using that to save weight on some of the more insane hike-ins. And my main spot is short distances anyway, 25-40yds. (Been toying with the idea of just trying with my 4" Ruger .357, for S & G. But freehand I start opening up at 25yds a teensy bit)

I'm torn though. Either be that 8 3/8" S&W Performance Center .44 Mag (so can share loads with Marlin 1894)... OR... Possibly a S&W .460 XVR. Another option the BFR .30-30, since I have a Marlin 336 BL. So I could share ammo there too. But I kinda don't like the idea of a Single Action as my primary weapon, though I suppose that's what a Bolt-Action rifle is, technically.
@Larry Ya know, I have to go to my Gun Encyclopedia after reading your posts sometimes. I like that.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu