outside the kitchen window

Snake Charmer

Happiness is a warm gut pile
Oct 13, 2011
San Diego
www.highonkennels.com
Here's a pic from last spring looking out my kitchen window, That time of year we get what I call super flocks where I have seen as many a couple hundred hens flocking with the toms following them around strutting, Once the hens start to mate the flocks break up a bit but we still dozens at a time when the conditions are right. The turkeys have become so accustomed to us that we don't allow spot and stalk as you can walk within arrow or shotgun distance of them. My cat tried stalking one and was chased back into the house by the angry ladies when one sounded the alarm and they all came running!

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Wow I do have to say though Fred, those turkeys were not the easiest to call in :) you guys sure have a great place, I hope one day my son will win a hunt at your place.

I start walking at 3 am to shoot my turkeys lol must be nice to wake up at 9. Some day right

Aj, Yes there can be some quality birds, Yesterday for the first time in awhile I saw a large bachelor flock of sixteen toms come through, the beard range was from four to nine inches. The private property surrounding us gives the birds a good chance to mature and show what they can be.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu