Pheasant Hunting in Oregon

Blkpowder Hunter

Jan 3, 2020
Hunt 1 of a planned pheasant, deer, antelope, elk hunt was with my buddy and his sons at the Luckiamute Valley Pheasants.. We arrived the night before the hunt and were serenaded by a couple of bull elk bugling all night an unexpected bonus. The four of us hunted in the morning and afternoon and took our limits. We had a little female German shorthair called Georgie who worked hard all day and we didn’t lose a bird. I’m the one holding the dog

As I said, we took our limits plus one for Georgie who found a cripple. It was a great hunt and lots of fun. Thanks to John at Fine’s for the help with the shotgun (20ga Browning Citori CX5). The gun did it’s job, I have some work to do as it’s had been a while since I’d been out for pheasant but we got it done.

Next up was to be the deer hunt in Oregon but I took a spill off a horse and broke 8 ribs that put an end to my hunts. But looking forward to next year and had a great time hunting pheasants again. 7A1CED80-810E-4AAA-B596-5FA22465FAF8.jpeg3D43114F-2E95-4036-99BF-45DB6FB463DE.jpeg

Love the pheasants!

Nice work good luck with the ribs.....worse injury to have

8 ribs, holy crap. I broke two and sprained my sternum when I fell through a roof hatch. By far the most painful injury I ever had. Sternum was worst than the ribs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu