Pheasants

HuntFSD

May 9, 2022
Hey y'all, I finally got some time to myself to go hunt. Does anyone know a general area to start looking for some pheasant in the SD area or should I just travel somewhere east or south?

If you can ,take a few friends and work the fields walking side by side about 30 yards apart. Maybe put a blocker at the end of the field to pick up any birds that you don't put down. Just keep an eye on where they are ..

I would go to a pheasant club and try a pay to play hunt first.

Not that you cant find a rooster in the iv, you can but there are damn few.

mexico has lots but you got to pay to play. They are all wild birds not planted like you would do at a club in the usa. Bajahunting.com can help you.

on the DIY side the closest real hauntable populations would be Baja but finding a guy to show you how to DIY there is hard. utah has some but getting access to farms is tricky then the traditional states but i got no clue about them.

Montana has a few..................... ;)

ps...Like was mentioned try a pheasant club in the IV (Mendel Woodland).

.023.JPG030.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu