Pig Question for forest ranger

DirtHunter

Feb 11, 2019
Anahiem
My cousin and I are looking to go wild pig hunting in the Los Padres Nat Forest in early June. I was thinking of calling the forest ranger for that area, as per the Forest Service web site.
What questions should I ask? We are going to camp up there and try a DIY hunt.

My cousin and I are looking to go wild pig hunting in the Los Padres Nat Forest in early June. I was thinking of calling the forest ranger for that area, as per the Forest Service web site.
What questions should I ask? We are going to camp up there and try a DIY hunt.
My recommendation is put in for deer tags. Buy a pig tag and then go deer hunting. If by random chance you see a pig shoot it. Or get pig tags and start coyote hunting then if you see a pig shoot it. The point being you probably wont see pigs on public land but you will see deer and you can call in coyotes right now.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu