Plaster City Part 3

Went out on Sunday and seemed to pick up alot of extra hulls also.
Lazy people

Picked up a big pile of blue Fiocci hulls from a feed lot we had permission to hunt. The land owner was nice enough to let you shoot in his lot and you thank him by trashing his property. WTH?

• Angry
Reactions: Lungpopper
Nice work Steve and Jacob.. love PC!

Hate when folks leave their hulls. Wonder why more spots keep getting posted. Also reveals to others where decent spots may be if they see a big pile of shells.
That's what I always say. Since you can't always get people to pick up after themselves out of common decency I'll try to appeal to their greed. FYI I have found countless good spots by analyzing shell piles left behind. I also like to keep my go to honey holes super clean. Any left behind shells can let me know exactly when somebody else was there, about how many people, if they are idiots that could not find dove loads and resorted to lead or duck shot etc.

Years back when I still hunted Ca. we would go up to 2nd st above Blight and hunt over fields that had been planted just for dove. About every 75 yard or so there were 55 gal. drums set out with signs, "place empties here" ground between drums was littered with MT's. Talk about lazy. Lots of MT bud light cans also.

Years back when I still hunted Ca. we would go up to 2nd st above Blight and hunt over fields that had been planted just for dove. About every 75 yard or so there were 55 gal. drums set out with signs, "place empties here" ground between drums was littered with MT's. Talk about lazy. Lots of MT bud light cans also.

John,

I was surprised that there weren't any beer cans around... At least, they weren't drinking as well.....................;)

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
That's what I always say. Since you can't always get people to pick up after themselves out of common decency I'll try to appeal to their greed. FYI I have found countless good spots by analyzing shell piles left behind. I also like to keep my go to honey holes super clean. Any left behind shells can let me know exactly when somebody else was there, about how many people, if they are idiots that could not find dove loads and resorted to lead or duck shot etc.
X2. Occasionally I've scouted new spots by following birds flying then lucked into hull piles, picked them up of course, then hunted that spot. Kinda like hunter scat. Except I've found actual hunter scat before which is nasty.. but you know what I mean.

During the season I have been out 4 times so far. The area that I have hunted is a posted no trespassing location. Of course we had permission to be there. A group of hunters finished their hunt near by. We drove down to the spot where the people had been shooting. They were so lazy ,piles of shells were left behind. I would be pissed off if I owned the property. How can we convince people to police the area before leaving ?

During the season I have been out 4 times so far. The area that I have hunted is a posted no trespassing location. Of course we had permission to be there. A group of hunters finished their hunt near by. We drove down to the spot where the people had been shooting. They were so lazy ,piles of shells were left behind. I would be pissed off if I owned the property. How can we convince people to police the area before leaving ?

I don't think there's any nice way to approach or ask people like this to pick-up hulls...If they're such dirtbags that they do this, then they're probably capable of doing anything, including drinking while shooting...Which I don't have to tell makes for a bad situation with guns...Maybe, telling them they would possibly lose their permission (if they even had it) would convince them.

Maybe, picking up hulls while they witness it, could give them a clue.

ps...Some folks just don't get it...Every shoot day Tom Trapes (Mgr) at San Jacinto W.A. mentions that everyone should pick-up their hulls & trash...Yet, every year after the season, we pick up a $hit load of them.

Picked up at least a case of empties out of one of my spots so far this season. I know what some of the offending vehicles are and which ones are not, where you shoot from most often, that you suck at finding your dead birds (cause I found some), you also suck at sourcing ammo shooting #5 and lead, probably suck at shooting too, where you like to park etc. And I know you noticed that the area had been cleaned of shells and just said F it and left yours out there again. I genuinely do not enjoy being other people's shell maid. Would be really unfortunate if you ended up on some cameras and your faces ended up on hunting forums and youtube vids.

Seriously if you can't collect more than you shot don't go out there. It's normally to loose some, particular if they are a stupid color but you should be able to find most of them and others that arent yours in most places easy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu