Pope & Young has recently announce three new world’s records

Ghosthunter

Jan 6, 2011
San Diego
By: Kings Outdoor World Blog

Pope & Young has recently announce three new world’s records during their Biennial Convention and Awards Banquet this spring of 2011. Since we have been talking possible world record archery mule deer, it is only fitting to mentioned another monster of a buck.

George Harms arrowed this incredible typical mule deer with his bow in 2009 and officially scores 205 0/8 P&Y. This exceeds the previous world record typical mule deer that was taken in Colorado in 1979 scoring 203 1/8. What I think really adds to this story is the fact that he took this buck in Mexico. Bowhunting is not easy in the desert of Mexico and a few years ago I was putting together an article about archery hunting in Mexico and the challenge hunters face. There are some big bucks South of the Border, but when you think about it, not many record book animals come out of there taken with a bow. To see this new world record buck is exciting. The fact it was taken in Hermosillo, Mexico I think just adds to the great accomplishment.

By: Kings Outdoor World Blog

Attachments

• george-harms-buck-300x219.jpg
    george-harms-buck-300x219.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 32

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu