Prairie Dog Opener

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey all,
Just got back from spending three days in the great state of Arizona. Over the years I have had many opportunities to hunt Prairie Dogs but none of the circumstances ever worked out till now. I reached out to my good friend Ben who I knew would make an excellent host to myself, Marley and two other hunters. Ben set everything up for us and even invited us to spend one of the days on his private ranch. Here is the full documentary of our adventure I hope some may enjoy.

Dana,

Always enjoy your videos...Love shootin' p'dogs.

ps....Did you try eating the jacks?
Thanks,
We ate the Cottontails and I cooked one of the Jack's that Terry got. The other two were turned to hamburger with little left after the little angel of death got her paws on them. Lol

Reactions: ilovesprig
That is cool. I would like to get a high caliber air rifle one day. I do like my gamo hunter extreme in 22 cal. It works great on ground squirrels and cottontails at close range.

As always..awesome footage dude! You can tell you really take time to put these videos together. There were some awesome shots..that one bunny did a back a complete backflip when you hit it and I dug the tactacam footage from marley! Looked like a fun trip.

Reactions: Crosman999
Thanks man, yes I spend more time filming everything than actually hunting. I like bringing others along as it makes the footage more exciting I think. The Tactacam is a great camera and have enjoyed using it. The wide angle is a dedicated Marley Camera lol I still haven't perfected the angle yet but am working on it. Plan to take her out in week or so for dedicated Cottontail hunt, should be fun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu