Question for the Glass geeks out there..

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Gonna help #3:invest in his first spotter( tired of those cockblockers using all my shit.).he has his heart set on the vortex viper 20..60..85 HD...pros and cons?? I roll an old school Leupold...kid tells me I'm outdated..I tell him" look in the garage son".LOL.... Thoughts from the glass guys?

He ain't 21 yet...has not got that thirsty..he's a good boy..not bad like #2...damn..

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
I'm gonna talk him into the Leupold sx4 pro guide..20..60
.85...he got a price range..guess he'll be washing my truck daily and and cut and stuffing for me this season..

• Haha
Reactions: sportyg and 180ls1
I'd go smaller/lighter and error on the side of too small/light. I had a bigger spotter and never used it because of the weight so it didn't help much lol.

I'd seriously consider a leupo gold ring, nikon ed 50 or vortex 11-33 if you guys hike around a good bit. I am not super picky when it comes to antlers so 30-40x on the big end gives me more than enough detail to see everything I need.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Right on..kid is a brute..so size won't be an issue..he,ll throw it in his pack when I tell him too..lol..I've got a 45 for the lite work..looking for a 60 to put that crab on one side in the 16! Than KAPOOW!! Good night Mr.Spork! In the end...he gonna role with what he wants...as long as he keeps his hands off my sht..those boys can break an Anvil... Christ.

Yeah, both my squat and deadlift are over 400lbs (6'3" 240lbs) and I still don't like carrying it lol! Maybe I am growing soft at the ripe age of 33. I did just go back to a big/heavy bow though, they just shoot so much better.

Your a beast dude...ahh to be 20 again.....I think they feel obligated...at least 1 out of 3 usually goes to bat for me .and Rally's for dad to come sit in the truck while they actually hunt ..I'm just happy they still like me ..I think..lol

• Haha
Reactions: 180ls1
I got my 20-60x85 old gen razor at sportsman’s. On sale for 799. 15% off with new credit card . Also got 5 points for every dollar which was some more off, don’t remember how much.

Right on..he's in the 700 range..I'm gonna spot him 300 cause he's a good kid..1k will definitely get him what he wants..fck..I still run a Nikon for my truck I bought for 299 I'm guessing many mammals ago.. ...that fckr works!! I do have an old school Leupold that spends alot of time in my pack these days...and I mean alot..caught him digging for it the the other day....it sparked this Convo... thanks fellas ..keep um coming..

Reactions: 180ls1
Take a look at the Maven stuff also. Should be in the same price range I believe. @JakeSCH can chime in on that.
Maven binos are by far the clearest glass i have loked through $ for $. The only thing I didn't like was the small field of view.

Have him keep an eye on the Rokslide classifieds. They have a lot of good deals on there. Especially if he is buying vortex who cares if it is used they have a lifetime warranty.

Reactions: InDeepShip
Have him keep an eye on the Rokslide classifieds. They have a lot of good deals on there. Especially if he is buying vortex who cares if it is used they have a lifetime warranty.
Exactly...he lurks on different sites..this glass will be hammered ..as all 3 will put it to the test for years...I've used my warranty lots since they started sucking up my oxygen...

Hatch, I see your game, all dads use it!

"Honey, it's for the kid. They need it. Mandatory to hang"

Soo, pick what you'll be happy with and send the old glass down the line. And when he trys to muscle you, break out the old man strength.

Or you use it.... Son, you got the BA glass, keep an eye on him, send the Intel, I'll be there.
Have to risk a rash though!

Dude...if all 3 rush me.. I'm toast...gonna curl up into a ball on the floor and take it like a man..I'm chipping in 300....hush money..

I wouldn't touch vortex with my manhood, been there, wasn't that hot.

Luey, or go big!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu