Question Raney Ranch Retriever

THE_NEW_GUY

Dec 21, 2015
Beaumont
Has anybody ever purchased a dog from them? I really want to get a new chocolate Labrador puppy. I lost my good dog almost two years ago. Kind of different without her around. My other Labrador I think is on her way out. She is 14 and going deaf and getting fatty tumors all over the place. I seen Raney Ranch retrievers online and their local.

Do you want them to train it? I don't think they sell puppies without a training contract.

They are a good to go, they prefer to sell dogs to people who will get training done by them but you can get a puppy if they like you. They are not cheap so don't choke when you hear the price.

Scott,

I know Steve & Carrie quite well...As mentioned, his dogs are pricey, but are some of the best...The fact that he's local is nice...You work with your dog on a beautiful facility near Lake Henshaw.

Take a drive or give him a call...1-858-414-8258...Good guy

What is considered pricey? Are we talkin 5000 or $10,000 for fully trained dog? My buddy up north in Sac Valley paid $15,000 for his dog once it was all said and done. Dog was like a machine not a very good family dog though.

Took them my dog to train many years ago, highly recommend them for training. I imagine any dog you get from them will perform up to your expectations

Very nice operation , for the most part well bred pups . I'm not sure if the have a chocolate line.

Chocolate pups can be challenging , before you purchase that chocolate pup I'd go meet and watch the parents work.

10k ++ for a finished dog. I'm guessing closer to 18k++++. a puppy at 8 weeks will run 2500 to 3000 if they will even sell you one. Raney does good work, i have hunted over a few of his pups.

Do you want a started dog? They run 4+ for ff and bo. Much higher depending on how started you get. Lots of trial washouts that make epic hunting dogs can be had. There is a fb group dedicated to started trials labs but you will have to travel to get it. I got chip from south Dakota last nov. He was the deal of a life time. Same guy has another started dog ready to go now but its a black. (i didn't think people hunted with brown labs)

10k ++ for a finished dog. I'm guessing closer to 18k++++. a puppy at 8 weeks will run 2500 to 3000 if they will even sell you one. Raney does good work, i have hunted over a few of his pups.

. Same guy has another started dog ready to go now but its a black. (i didn't think people hunted with brown labs)

Scott,

Don't listen to this guy...He's the leader of BLM (Black Labs Matter)…. :joy:

ps...Them choc labs do hunt...Jaeger is a 100 lb beast...Will run faster than a speeding pheasant, more powerful than a 7.5 diesel, and can leap tall tulies with a single bound...Great watch dog and as gentle as a lamb...:heart:

.003.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: THE_NEW_GUY
sure 100lbs with that 2.3 bird average at wooster. Try shooting limits for 7 guys at plaster city, he will be tapping out faster then hulk hogan at a mma match.

sure 100lbs with that 2.3 bird average at wooster. Try shooting limits for 7 guys at plaster city, he will be tapping out faster then hulk hogan at a mma match.
Plaster City man that's where it's at for sure.

One thing I've learned is , one does not critcize or challenge a mans dog.

I'm sure your intentions are good.

Steve,

That's how my Charlie was. She was fast strong loyal and a great watchdog. I would post pictures of her but I don't have any because they're on my old computer and I can't seem to get them off

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu