Rabbit Opener 2017

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
How'd everybody do?

Tough sledding for me this morning on MCC....The mustard plant is ridiculously high and despite seeing some, never got a shot with my .17.....All 'tails were taken with my pellet gun.....;)

ps.....More poults seen.....:blush:

.022.JPG 034.JPG

Reactions: Grandmesa79
Good job.
I had to cut my morning short. Took Dash with and he ended up getting a couple foxtails in his ear and 1 in his eye. Also got some kind of small gash on his neck. Not sure how on that one though.
I'll be back out tomorrow with out him.
He was having fun trying to keep up with a good size one. Saw 3 good size coveys

I'm with Nick on this one...didn't bring home the hare. But had a great time in the field with SurfNhuntSD. He got one.
Heard a Tom gobble close by. Saw a rabbit 20 feet on the private side of the fence just eating a leisurely breakfast. Got a shot off on about 5 cottons but the brush was a bit thick (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it).
Possible challenge for the Super Bowl get together (or next BBQ) would be the best rabbit recipe (everyone brings at least two legs).
I'll be out again soon, just hoping the heat simmers down a little.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu