RCBS vs FX120I

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Hello fellas, so I always suspected my RCBS Chargemaster of creeping. Now what I mean by that, as I would throw powder charges the “zero” with my powder tray would begin to increase in weight. So what I did was I threw a charge of 106g of Blackhorn209 and recorded what the FX120I measured. Both scales were allowed to warm up and were calibrated. As you can see in the photos, it only took 14 charges to have a .5 grain change in charge weight. Now I would venture to guess most rifle nodes are about .5 grain wide (in my experience). Assuming your change weight selected was in the middle of the node you have .25 spread high and low to stay inside your node. A change of just .5 grain in 14 charges would throw you out of your load and you would be wondering what the h*## happened to your accuracy. I don’t know if this will help anyone it was just something I suspected and experienced. Happy reloading.AFB24C04-97EB-48D9-96EC-7393AA8D854F.jpeg1684CDA7-4A49-4CA3-B9FD-C81E81EA2502.jpeg

Reactions: Muley Buck
not a fair fight between the magnetic force restoration fx and strain gauge RCBS :)

when the FX drifts its normally because a humming bird in Wyoming just took off. its plate is so crazy sensitive that the slightest air movement will show up.

i am not saying that i do not check my fx to make sure its not wandering, i do!

In the game of eliminating variables for better reloads its worth its hefty price tag

The butterfly migration in Arizona kept me from throwing a good load for a week straight

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu