Ruger Hawkeye

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Does anyone own or shot a Ruger Hawkeye? Any feedback.

I have been saving for the Ruger Precision 6.5 but came across the Hawkeye 6.5 earlier for $400 less, which puts me in buy now mode and was trying to figure out if its worth the $$ difference to keep collecting pennies.

My main hunting partner shoots one in 6.5 Swede. The gun functions well and is a fine workhorse, his main complaints are the overall weight of the gun and the trigger (Ruger is not known for their triggers). It functions well and is accurate. He handloads because the cartridge has fallen out of favor in the US and the ammo is hard to find and generally very expensive when he can find it. Maybe he’ll start an account and chime in....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu