Sacramento NWR Complex - 2020 Rules!!

Duckfan

Mar 7, 2015
While I know many on here will not hunt the Sac complex of refuges, but I also know that some of you do. So , I thought you might like to see what is being done up there.

First, I want to thank the staff for working since May to ensure we would have a hunt program during Covid.

TO ALL HUNTERS:

1. It is IMPERATIVE that hunters follow the rules as shown on their website. Regardless of what you may prefer, these ARE the approved rules and please share this as widely as possible so we can make opening day run just that much smoother.

2. All it will take to CLOSE THE REFUGE, is for someone to not follow these rules and have a check station staff member get sick. That will cause a quarantine situation for that affected employee, PLUS other staff that maybe have been in contact with that person (snowball effect). Substitute staff members may have to be quarantined too, as well as time needed to clean the station. THIS CAN CAUSE SHUTDOWN OF THE REFUGE UNTIL STAFF CAN BE FOUND AND CLEANING COMPLETED. If our poor behavior repeats, they may shut it down for the season.

3. In Addition: If Crowding occurs at the check station, and continues to be an issue, the check station window may shut down for a period of time until hunters observe the rules as shown on attached below.

4. NO ONE wants to see pictures on social media of crowded check stations. Higher Ups see that? They could close the refuge.

5. If Hunters do not follow the rules, they can be kicked off the property, and possibly banned for the season. This is not to be taken lightly. Staff is busting their tails to provide a safe situation for all – and meet state requirements. They want is to get out and hunt. Please take heed of their rules and help remind others as well – to follow them.

6. They highly recommend reservation hunting parties to pre-register at the check station the night before or to arrive early in the morning before reservation processing begins.

7. Last major point: Bring your own Mask and sanitizer, and BE PATIENT. I think after a few days, this process will become second nature.

Happy Hunting

FULL RULES:

https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/R...NWR Complex Hunt Program Procedures Final.pdf

Good chance an angry ducker may go off the handle and ruin it for all duckers...im a fan of gray lodge...spent a few winters in chico..more than i would have liked..LOL..

Probably would be the same at all refuges regarding check station personnel getting sick and having to quarantine. Correct me if I’m wrong Steve but they don’t have another crew just waiting to come take over.

Probably would be the same at all refuges regarding check station personnel getting sick and having to quarantine. Correct me if I’m wrong Steve but they don’t have another crew just waiting to come take over.

Tom,

They can barely get 3 guys to work at Wister...Pretty sure there's no back-up... :joy:

Reactions: Ahidog

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu