Salty Pirates

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Took out all three boys this morning to fish live bait in SD bay targeting sandies and halibut. I let them sleep in until 6 we were launched at glorieta by 7. It was windy and rough on the Chanel side managed a few fish C&R one keeper Rock and one keeper sandy. My 5 year old started chumming his breakfast around 9 so we had to move inside. My 5 year old like every 5 year old loves pressing red buttons well he turned off the bait tank and we loss half our bait. Managed to keep enough alive to fish until 1.
Around noon the bite turned on my oldest caught probably a 40” shovel nose shark which is great because the 5 year old wore his shark shirt just so we would catch a shark. It want the “big white shark” he has been targeting but it was a shark so nothing will top that for a while. With in 10 minutes my 10 year old lost two keeper halibut at the boat it was a good lesson for him to keep the fish in the water until dad can get there with the net. One of the halibut he lost was well over 30” the other was probably barely legal. We will be using bigger hooks next time the small 1/0 circles just are not big enough for them. About 30 minutes later I put a 24” halibut on the boat and we will be eating good tonight. We have been getting out to the bay or the kelp at least once a week I can’t get enough of fishing with these salty pirates. The 5 year old was passed out in the car before I could even get the boat out of the water. Nothing better than floating around catching fish, fixing tangles, and laughing with my boys.

PS I caught a seagull it got its wing caught on my line so I grabbed that little booger by the neck and got him free. The boys got a kick out of it.

AE458200-FBBD-4851-9AC4-91191E01FACE.jpegEA44F221-B9C8-465D-859D-CD4999EB00EC.jpegE9055F1A-9009-4064-98AB-BAF7E8F2FC0A.jpegE4F264C3-5512-434F-A2DD-34BC5E4D32A7.jpeg4B38EEEC-9847-4A83-BF4C-943FCE1B925E.jpeg

Love it and the kids look like they had a blast! Way to get out there Dad!

Ps

If the boys and you want a tour of one of those Navy ships let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
Took out all three boys this morning to fish live bait in SD bay targeting sandies and halibut. I let them sleep in until 6 we were launched at glorieta by 7. It was windy and rough on the Chanel side managed a few fish C&R one keeper Rock and one keeper sandy. My 5 year old started chumming his breakfast around 9 so we had to move inside. My 5 year old like every 5 year old loves pressing red buttons well he turned off the bait tank and we loss half our bait. Managed to keep enough alive to fish until 1.
Around noon the bite turned on my oldest caught probably a 40” shovel nose shark which is great because the 5 year old wore his shark shirt just so we would catch a shark. It want the “big white shark” he has been targeting but it was a shark so nothing will top that for a while. With in 10 minutes my 10 year old lost two keeper halibut at the boat it was a good lesson for him to keep the fish in the water until dad can get there with the net. One of the halibut he lost was well over 30” the other was probably barely legal. We will be using bigger hooks next time the small 1/0 circles just are not big enough for them. About 30 minutes later I put a 24” halibut on the boat and we will be eating good tonight. We have been getting out to the bay or the kelp at least once a week I can’t get enough of fishing with these salty pirates. The 5 year old was passed out in the car before I could even get the boat out of the water. Nothing better than floating around catching fish, fixing tangles, and laughing with my boys.

PS I caught a seagull it got its wing caught on my line so I grabbed that little booger by the neck and got him free. The boys got a kick out of it.

View attachment 35978View attachment 35979View attachment 35980View attachment 35981View attachment 35982
Pictures are priceless.
That was a big flattie.

Nice job on the halibut. 3 legals landed would’ve been quite a feat. Nonetheless, well done.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu