San Jacinto Wildlife Area Schedules Two Volunteer Blind Brush-Up Work Days – August 14 and September 18, 2021

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
Tom Trakes, from San Jacinto Wildlife Area, advised that the second and third volunteer work day for the upcoming season at San Jacinto Wildlife Area have been scheduled. The two dates will both be on Saturdays, August 14th and September 18th. These work days will be primarily for building, repairing and brushing-up blinds and cleaning up the general hunting areas around them.

Details here...https://socalhunt.wordpress.com/2021/07/10/san-jacinto-wildlife-area-schedules-two-volunteer-blind-brush-up-work-days-august-14-and-september-18-2021/

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 11.45.20 AM.png

What is a good way to get palm fronds? I have one in the backyard but I could only get a few off of it between now and then.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I remember my father taking me to a clean up as a young kid years ago. Realizing now the significance of what I was doing. Has the Wister Manager just organizing them?

Most of the organizing was by Friends of Wister (me)...When prior management was there, they were very up on getting help from FOW....Since Rick left, not so much...I may be wrong, but there seems to be a bit of a disconnect these days...It might be that FOW has not had anyone step up and do the organizing since the core group has gotten older.

.FOW work party 8-24-13 001.JPGFOW work party 8-24-13 011.JPGFOW work party 8-24-13 012.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckfan

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu