Saturday night’s alright for buggin’

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
First lobster trip of the new season for me. Hooped local Long Beach area last night with my bro Dennis in the 17’ Whaler. Outgoing tide, no moon visible, almost no wind after 7 pm. Bait was a mixture of tuna scraps and sardines from previous fishing trips. Depth was 40 to 45 feet.

First set started slow with two shorts in the first five nets. Then it picked up with four keepers and a bunch of shorts to finish the set. Second set produced five legals. Third set bombed. Last set we got one legal and about five shorts. Called it a night with ten total and a bunch that were just short. Several barely legals we tossed back just in case. Great weather, decent crawl. No monsters, just nice market sized roaches.

My selfies suck! Good luck!!

0E86BCB0-4890-47B8-A1F1-F540CEA5798A.jpeg

First lobster trip of the new season for me. Hooped local Long Beach area last night with my bro Dennis in the 17’ Whaler. Outgoing tide, no moon visible, almost no wind after 7 pm. Bait was a mixture of tuna scraps and sardines from previous fishing trips. Depth was 40 to 45 feet.

First set started slow with two shorts in the first five nets. Then it picked up with four keepers and a bunch of shorts to finish the set. Second set produced five legals. Third set bombed. Last set we got one legal and about five shorts. Called it a night with ten total and a bunch that were just short. Several barely legals we tossed back just in case. Great weather, decent crawl. No monsters, just nice market sized roaches.

My selfies suck! Good luck!!

View attachment 33323
Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu