Scopes so many choices lol

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
So eventually I am going to have a complete LRH rifle in need of optics. Mostly because I think way to much I am spending a lot of time weighing my scope options. Really what it is boiling down to now for me is weight and power I want to be in the 3-18 range but not heavy. I want to stay as light as possible so I can hit my 8lb rifle weight goal. Below are the scopes I am considering, I am sure that will change over the next 24hours lol. Good thing I have some time until the gun is done.

Leupold VX6 3-18x50 weighing in at 20oz it is the lightest of the scopesi am looking at and it fits my goals. Also If I go with the 44 objective it weighs 19oz. I don’t like that it is a SFP but as long as I am using the turret that won’t matter.

Leupold Mark5 HD 3.6-18x44 this one comes in at 26oz and is a bitchen scope all around. It is definitely Leupold’s scope for LRH needs.

Burris XTR iii 3.3-18x50 this scope comes in at 30oz and is still not available. Supposedly it will be a great hunting and PRS scope because of its ease of use.

I have also considered Nightforce but none of their scopes really fit the bill they need to lighten things up and get a little more optic in a smaller package. The SHV is ok but it’s heavy and and only is offered in 4-14 at that point I would just go with a Leupold LRP 4.5-14 since they only weigh 20oz.

Last edited:
look at the sightron stac 4/20/50...amazing glass for a good price..i run one on my 257wbymag [vanguard backcountry ultralight}..and my mdl70 300wm...they get copious amounts of actual field time, that scope has exceeded my expectations...I sold my nightforce and leupold..still run a vortex hs on my 270...all good stuff..just personal preference..my 1/2 cent..

Last edited:
Take a hard look at March scopes. Light weight and they have really good glass.

opplanet-march-optics-3-24-x-42mm-ffp-tactical-knob-riflescope-fma-2-mar1046-main.jpg

Reactions: TRICER
I have a Swaro 3.5-18, I really like it but the tall turret is kind of a bummer. I would look hard at Stieners or an ATACR if I did it over

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu