SD card reader

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
I’ve used a few different card readers that plug into my phone and they’ve all turned out to be junk. These last couple trips I’ve had to carry my laptop with me to check my cams, which isn’t fun. What card readers do you guys use?

Reactions: Sdhunt17
i just got into he camera game but i got a Whitetail'R Phone READ'R Android Game and Trail Camera Viewer. oesnt work on my phone but i can get it to read on my tablet. interested to find if anyone has had success with anything else.

im goiung to try those cheap ones at frys

You must be iPhone guys? Seems like those phones are touchy. I bought a standard card reader off amazon (Actually 3, one for each pack and one in truck) and I have no problems on my Galaxy. Like $15 each.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
I was given one (card reader) as a gift...Quit working right off the bat (iPhone)...I actually use my Cannon cameras...Easy to carry...Gives a good view of what's on it, till I get home to laptop.

I just have extra cards and swap them out, come home drink a brewski while I check out the pics. I do have card reader in case I'm camping out but requires removing otterbox phone case, which sucks. amazon bought

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
All good options..
I can not remember the terminology.
But the hardware must have this built in and have the software..
My partner carried a card reader viewer and it worked great.
Galaxy have this function and with an adapter plugs into the USB .
Can view the cards.

I used a small Galaxy tablet.
With an adapter. Keep it in my back pack..
All good

I’ve used a few different card readers that plug into my phone and they’ve all turned out to be junk. These last couple trips I’ve had to carry my laptop with me to check my cams, which isn’t fun. What card readers do you guys use?
I literally just rec'd a Vogek off Amazon (and some other one I ordered as well just in case that one didn't work). Needed em to be USB-C in order to plugin to my new Samsung 10 phone. I didn't have anything USB-C before. Worked right off the bat! Easy-Peezy Lemon Squeezy!

I just picked up one of these used card readers from Ebay for $18. So far works well. A little bulky but incase the one that plugs into my phone fails I have this one.

Screenshot_20190927-180830_eBay.jpg

I’ve been thinking about getting one, looks like its probably one of the best options. I know it will be better than lugging around my laptop.

Haha yea if you'll lug that thing around this should be no problem. The one I got is an older model but has sound and plays videos and you can zoom in and out. Takes 4 AAA. Newer ones got for around $50. I also picked up a a Halo 800yd range finder for $50 from the same seller.

Or if you have an old android phone still laying around just use that and an el cheapo reader. I have been using a bone collector branded reader. I'm sure it comes out of the same factory in china they all do.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu