Sea fleas?

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Are there sea fleas at the Salton Sea/Wister? I got these crazy itchy bites the other day on my hands that swelled a bit. Thought it was skeeters but they usually go for my neck and stuff too, and I got no bites up there, plus I didn't even notice any flying around enough for me to deploy the Thermacell. Only my hands got bit right after I was picking up dekes so I'm thinking it was something at the water level. I've gotten sea flea bites before elsewhere so it sort of reminds me of that, but this is the first encounter for me while duck hunting.
a950314daf1a21007aea3cc428e6d843.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jason,

I think they are probably mosquitos bites....Granted I was on Wister last week, but I had a couple of those as well.....Actually saw the culprit.....Which is no longer with us.

Jason,

I think they are probably mosquitos bites....Granted I was on Wister last week, but I had a couple of those as well.....Actually saw the culprit.....Which is no longer with us.
Steve,

That's the likely culprit... Usually though if I get skeeters biting me it's all over my neck and crap too. This was only my hands which is odd. Left the Thermacell and spray in the truck.. ugh.

Well whatever it was you must got into a nest of them. What is weird. You got
It only on your hands. Typically mosquitoes attack you all over.
We're dipping your hands in the water?
There is nasty chemicals in there.
There is fleas at the beach why not
At the Salton Sea.
What ever it was lit liked your hands.

Well whatever it was you must got into a nest of them. What is weird. You got
It only on your hands. Typically mosquitoes attack you all over.
We're dipping your hands in the water?
There is nasty chemicals in there.
There is fleas at the beach why not
At the Salton Sea.
What ever it was lit liked your hands.
Lee,

Yea that's why I thought it was odd.. it was right after I pulled my dekes I got bit up, and only on my hands. Usually when I get skeeter swarmed they're all over my face and neck, but this was just my hands which were in the water. My forearms were covered hence no bites there. Who knows, it's the IV, anything goes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu