Search for missing tuna 7/13

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
The reports looked good for YFT and BFT at the 226 and 302 so Dennis and I took out the Whaler yesterday. Had all the right lures plus bait but what we found was cold 64 degree water and no life at those spots. So we went north to 182 where the water temp rose very nicely to 69.5. Found lots of dolphin, a few birds and some paddies. Saw one very brief flurry of tuna on the surface and that was it. No foamers, no bird schools, no ternados. Trolled with the ponies for a while and still no love.

Gave it a good effort. Get em next time. Saw one whale. Collected a large burlap sack full of plastic trash from Mexico. Nice.

EBD97504-7ADD-49A5-A45B-C3111E2BC154.jpeg
Didn’t notice this until later. Maybe we did have a short strike from something toothy.

Dude did you pick up any tuna following underneath the dolphins.
Awesome video.
I use pick them on my fish finder.
It would turn black. Troll deep with pink ladies. Using green, purple, & blue. Squid jigs..
Big rapalas to slower trolling.

Cedar plugs do work good.
Live bait in general is a must.
Goes like this anchovies, sardines, & live squid. ,
The above jigs normally has worked good for me.
So trolling, have two rigs out.
Get a jig hit, start reeling in at same time start the chum line.
Bring in the school. Fish on brother's.
Bloody decks.

Reactions: WaterDawg
Way to get out there and give it go! I should have the boat back up and running next weekend. (Fuel pump issues...)
Looking forward to getting out there to hunt some fish!

Good luck!!
Been working on all the bs paperwork for the islands. Passports, FMM’s, TIP, biosphere bracelets, & licenses. What a PITA!
Same here. We stayed out past 12 miles for that reason. Doing the paper work now and it doesn’t look like we will have the TIP in time for this weekend.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu