Shark fishing ????

Herson

Jun 10, 2020
Anyone know anything about shark fishing in SoCal? Maybe a charter? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad article info wise and a bad idea overall, Maybe one once in awhile but not a sustainable fishery. Sharks are apex and cannot sustain predation. The world shark population has collapsed because of cultural practices and belief that they posess curative properties. IMO leave them alone. P.S. I grew up on the beach in Del Mar, Free dived and spear fished since I was in kid in the 60's there are just not that many.

Reactions: Herson
Bad article info wise and a bad idea overall, Maybe one once in awhile but not a sustainable fishery. Sharks are apex and cannot sustain predation. The world shark population has collapsed because of cultural practices and belief that they posess curative properties. IMO leave them alone. P.S. I grew up on the beach in Del Mar, Free dived and spear fished since I was in kid in the 60's there are just not that many.
The article is full of super solid info. He even explains the importance of catch and release as he emphasizes the slow growth rate they have..... I don’t think you read it

Call the landings and ask if any of their boats are doing shark trips. A few here in the San Diego used to do them. I'm a retired captain and we used to run them out of Oceanside. Mission Bay and San Diego did too, but I'm not sure what's going on now. You can always do a private charter.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu