Shotguns I have known...Let's see 'em

My Benelli
655D1219-996A-426B-BDBE-EE64DC5A1A9B.jpegMe with my Winchester
20C876B4-BCBC-484E-9BF6-40470C9231F9.jpeg
Not shown is (because I don’t have pictures of them) are my NEF single shot I’ve had since I was a kid, my dad’s old Marlin 120, or my Browning Citori.

I’ve hunted successfully with them all over the years. The Marlin is a pain in the ass, and pretty much just lives in the safe.

1980 single shot h&r 20 with stick ejector.
1984 Ted wiillams Winchester 12ga
1988 first shotgun I purchased myself
H&k import benelli super 90 montifeltro
2015 A400 Beretta

I can still remember my mom yelling at me for buying a shotgun back in 88. The number of rounds through that gun is just amazing

-1981-ish Stevens/Savage 3" Pump 12 GA. Earned it by selling subscriptions to Fishing and Hunting News to my dad's deer camp buddies. Hunted a lot of dove and duck in the 80s with it. Shot a lot of trap rounds through it as well. Still have it and probably won't shoot it again. What a POS. I blew a hole in the side of my duck blind one morning because a screw fell out while I was sitting there. That gun scares me a bit...
-1986 Remington 1100 2-3/4" with 30" full choke for graduation present. Still my favorite dove gun. Never missed a beat - no misfires, no problem ejecting or loading. People say these old barrels won't hold up to steel, but this one has. Been shooting steel through it for decades in the marsh and field and it still looks perfect inside and measures 0.692".
-Browning Gold 3.5" I inherited from my dad when he bought a new Extreme about 7 years ago. Won't eject light dove loads. Has some issues ejecting 3.5" goose loads. I don't use it for either very often. Other than that, infallible, even with Wister mud and quail hunt brush in it.

Here are my 2 most recent... the CZ is absolutely my favorite thus far.

CZ All-Terrain Drake in 20ga. Also pictured is my favorite truck to date!

CZ.jpg

Winchester SXP Hybrid Mossy Oak Bottomland in 12ga. Also pictured, one of my favorite sons!

Win.jpg

Here are my 2 most recent... the CZ is absolutely my favorite thus far.

CZ All-Terrain Drake in 20ga. Also pictured is my favorite truck to date!

View attachment 48262

Winchester SXP Hybrid Mossy Oak Bottomland in 12ga. Also pictured, one of my favorite sons!

View attachment 48263
Rad.. my buddy picked up a CZ Upland Ultralight Green 20G recently just like that and it's pretty sweet for toting in the hills.

Rad.. my buddy picked up a CZ Upland Ultralight Green 20G recently just like that and it's pretty sweet for toting in the hills.
That shotgun is so light and does not have a lot of felt recoil. It sure makes it easier to run up and down canyons chasing birds. Next i want to pick up the Sharp-Tail in 16ga.

Original 390 I started hunting with 30 years ago, added a facelift and a few extras.
33ae4eb3dfefb52728abba9ae2b15cc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That shotgun is so light and does not have a lot of felt recoil. It sure makes it easier to run up and down canyons chasing birds. Next i want to pick up the Sharp-Tail in 16ga.

I suggest a 20ga instead of a 16ga, shells are a lot cheaper, also reloading components are some times harder to find, I shoot a 28 and a 20 for upland game and they work great, I also reload all of my ammo which is cheaper or used to be before 2020

Reactions: Bonejour
I suggest a 20ga instead of a 16ga, shells are a lot cheaper, also reloading components are some times harder to find, I shoot a 28 and a 20 for upland game and they work great, I also reload all of my ammo which is cheaper or used to be before 2020

Love my old Rem 11-48 16 gauge...Now, I only shoot it in Montana...I have tons of lead.

.010.JPG

My first shotgun was a mossberg 500 in 410 with a wood stock, I carried it on my first year dove hunting when I was 12. After that my grandfather got me a lefty mossberg 500 synthetic in 20 gauge. A couple years after I began hunting with my other grandfather’s 12 gauge 1100 after he passed away. My dad put camo tape on his old 12 gauge 1100 for me to use once we started duck hunting, so I only use my grandfather’s for upland.
0FF24D7D-B34A-4BFB-ACB0-FB40CE747114.jpeg0D03D9CD-33A4-46A6-8625-63DA1694FC0F.jpeg

I started with a Winchester 120 Ranger 12 ga and then bought a Mossy 835 for my waterfowling. Still have those old girls but I just got a Retay Masai Mara last year and I absolutely love it.4CD15574-5A8B-4A16-A7B8-2ED7DC348460.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smokey58
I hear ya on the 16, however there is always something in me that is drawn to the uncommon.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu