Skunks

All I have to say is, why?
They are a predator to many game species, and hate to waste one if harvested.
I hear some people use the ester for scent cover, bait, etc.
curious is anyone is doing this and how?
also anything else that can be done with it.

They are a predator to many game species, and hate to waste one if harvested.
I hear some people use the ester for scent cover, bait, etc.
curious is anyone is doing this and how?
also anything else that can be done with it.

Remi Warren recently pointed that he has noticed the smell of skunk to cause other game to be alerted because they only spray when in trouble. Something to think about.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
I'm not buying that, when the hog dogs would get hit by a skunk we'd always have a good race on a big pig.

Reactions: garlicsalt
I like those mountain man caps made from Pole Cat, wonder how they remove the perfume ?

I don't shoot skunks. I just watch them and go about my business. Please post up pictures and recipe when you eat one.

Skunks are very beneficial, yeah they eat ground nesting bird eggs but eat all kinds of bugs.

I remember one hunt it was completely dark my flashlight went out and I had a deboned hog in my backpack, I'm side hilling it back to the truck and boom he's on the trail wanting to get by me. I stop and he just rolls on by me, one of the coolest encounters in the dark 2 miles from the truck!

I definitely wouldn't shoot a skunk, but does anyone have ideas on deterring them?

We have one that strolls thru a couple times a night and our dog goes bananas each time. Need to get some sleep.... Have a few trail cam videos of it. Little bugger cruised by 4 times in one night.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu