Some entry level hunting material

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey all SoCal hunters, been a busy few months with Airgun reviews and several other related projects. I have been out a few times but the hunting was very slow. I recently received a new product from HatsanUSA that I thought was kinda cool, entry level PCP that has MSRP under $300. They sent me the .22 model that was an absolute joy to shoot, perfect for small game hunting. The gun is fairly lightweight, under 6lbs and gets 25 good shots before having to refill. I think it's an excellent little starter gun for someone wanting a PCP. Enclosed is my video review along with some hunting footage.

Here is the same area but filming a different segment with the high end American Made PCPs. My buddy Tom and I had a nice short successful trip along with some long range egg killing with his mini .22

Any advice on hunting in SoCal? I live in a town called Dana Point and have the CNF as my backyard. Ortega highway is the closest. anyone every hunt it??

Any advice on hunting in SoCal? I live in a town called Dana Point and have the CNF as my backyard. Ortega highway is the closest. anyone every hunt it??

Used to hunt the Upper San Juan Campground area for band-tailed pigeons.....Had a friend kill deer there every year too.....It needs a fire, really thick these days.

Thank you sprig! Hope all is going well i think we hunted back in the day at Wister. i went out and put the shoes to the ground and just started walking. Ended up finding a lot more then i thought. As soon as i hit the trail i could hear Jack Rabbit distress call. Someone was out there. Shotgun shells. A lost remote to a coyote call. LOTS of deer tracks. My plan is to go out early and just sit... We will see if she produces.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu