Sportsmans Pie

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
My version of Shepards pie. It has some spicy heat and is rich with flavor!

Layer 1) ground elk, sautéed onions and garlic
Layer 2) fresh corn
Layer 3) creamed corn
Layer 4) grated sharp cheddar cheese
Layer 5) chopped New Mexico roasted green chilis (not canned)
Layer 5) garlic smashed red potatoes

Haven't received a complaint yet...

20200413_182906.jpg20200413_185140.jpg

I love Siracha. If you ever get the chance watch the Siracha documentary pretty awesome story of a Vietnamese refugee pursuing the American dream.

Reactions: JakeSCH
I made a similar one a month back (no sriracha writing). Something about ground elk and mash potato's that is absolutely fantastic...my family has put to bed about 30 lbs of ground elk since January, these kids are growing!

Last edited:
I love Siracha. If you ever get the chance watch the Siracha documentary pretty awesome story of a Vietnamese refugee pursuing the American dream.

I watched it. He is a cool guy who made a foolish mistake by not locking down a food patent on his amazing condiment name! Cool story no matter...

Reactions: TRICER
Love me some Shepherd's Pie!
Looks great, the ultimate comfort food!
Will be adding green chili's to my next, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: NBK
Hmmph, looks like the Taco Pie my Mom used to make, but with the Mashed Potatoes instead! That's gotta be soo good!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu