Spring Training

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well the kid went 3 for 5 tonight on jacks. Figured SCH was due for some blood. Gonna try and eat the gross boogers, ethics are a pain lol. Best rabbit and quail spot I have found in the 16 could have killed limits of cotton no problem. 3rd time to this square mile and there are always coveys.

34312599-5521-4F78-977E-AAEB21A881A7.jpeg
4D3B3475-2285-4FFF-A447-EB3A761B95C0.jpeg82282797-68AD-4723-9796-5A5F7D3ACB4D.jpeg

Last edited:
Ya he is a killer. This is his year for sure stoked for deer season.
Those CCI coppers in 17HMR are a great little round. Definitely do the trick.

Reactions: NBK
Right on drew! The young lad is a killer! Is he the one who shot the kudamundi? Also I've hear curried jack or cotton tail slow and low is good. Look forward to seeing what you guys try.

Reactions: TRICER
Right on drew! The young lad is a killer! Is he the one who shot the kudamundi? Also I've hear curried jack or cotton tail slow and low is good. Look forward to seeing what you guys try.
Ya he shot the AZ monkey. Excited for this deer season with him each of the boys have tags in UT, CA, and AZ. Gonna give them my all to get those first deer.

Last edited:
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Feeling inspired, I took the kiddos (4 and 6) out for jacks today and it was a comedy of errors from the get go. Took forever to get them out the house so we didn't get into the field until 0900, at which point it was already too hot. Then my 4 year old and a cactus found each other like magic and it was all over. Spent the rest of the outing picking out cholla barbs instead of sniping hares lol.

Feeling inspired, I took the kiddos (4 and 6) out for jacks today and it was a comedy of errors from the get go. Took forever to get them out the house so we didn't get into the field until 0900, at which point it was already too hot. Then my 4 year old and a cactus found each other like magic and it was all over. Spent the rest of the outing picking out cholla barbs instead of sniping hares lol.
Jason with kids that young the evening hunt is a lot easier for me. That last hour is always pretty good. Way to get the kids out. My daughter got a cholla a few months back never fun.

one time when Isaac my 12yo was 4 or 5 we went on a rabbit hunt and didn’t find any rabbits. Instead we spent the morning shooting stink bugs. He still talks about that hunt to this day. Just getting out with them is all that matters. It gets easier but trust me start them young like you are doing and they will be a lot tougher when they get to double digits.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu