Tactical Hyve Precision Rifle 1

barretwm

Oct 20, 2018
Last weekend had the chance to take a course from a local company called Tactical Hyve. It was an introductory course in long range shooting. 2 days, 650$ went through roughly 120 rounds. It was comprised of classroom ( a snipers hide with a whiteboard) and shooting (Lunch /water / Gatorade provided). There is a lot of knowledge and information that the instructors try to impart on you in two days. All skill levels welcome. Day 1 classroom reinforces marksmanship principles, how to properly set up a rifle and components and discussion of MIL/MOA. Followed by 100yard zeros and minimum 10 round muzzle velocity averages. Back to the classroom on how to run the Applied Ballistics app and some formulas to calculate windage. Finishing with known distance shots with the instructors making your wind calls, ended with about 700 yard shot (guy who brought 28 Nosler was shooting at 1000). Day 2 classroom again to construct a dope card and discuss reticles and range estimating with MIL/MOA scopes. Then to the firing line determine your range estimate call your own wind with 2 shots correction from the instructors after that, took it out to just over 1000 yards. Break for food provided by the company then everyone on the line for known distance making your own wind calls (with help when needed from the spotter). All shots over 680yards longest 1200ish not everyone hit there. Overall great course, I don’t know when they will do another but they were talking about doing more and making follow on courses for long range. Check out their website they do many different classes Tacticalhyve.com I will be taking other classes with them in the future. (I was shooting a Tikka CTR 6.5CM 20 Inch barrel / 140g Hornady ELDX match 2578FPS / Vortex PST Gen 2 Mil/Mil there were more expensive and less expensive rigs out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost joined that class last minute. They shoot at a very cool range. I made my first 1k, 1200, and 1500 yard shots at that range. Glad you had a good time.
20200322_114328.jpg

Reactions: Dawnandusk
hummm.... think we could do the sch cup there?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu