Tent With Stove

TJD123

Jun 3, 2013
Any SCHers run a backpacking tent with a stove? A buddy and I are looking into purchasing one of these for a hunt we have this fall. Past years temps are usually single digits to mids 40s. I am a bit worried about condensation being that these are single wall.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Any SCHers run a backpacking tent with a stove? A buddy and I are looking into purchasing one of these for a hunt we have this fall. Past years temps are usually single digits to mids 40s. I am a bit worried about condensation being that these are single wall.

@Truduct has one. If you're running the stove, condensation will not be an issue. What state are we talking about?

My buddy has one we used on a Coues hunt. It was a good uphill hike to get to this spot. So we used a small propane heater. The tent worked out well for 2 people. In this video we just set it up to get out of the rain.

Nice tents, would be tempted to buy myself but just purchased a kodiak tent last month.

That 16 gets chilly!!! Marriott for me!!

I have a 4 man tipi from Seek Outside I’ve run with a stove in November hunts. Fits two guys, gear and stove just fine.

The one problem you will always have with one of those is footprint size. If you’re mountain hunting it isn’t easy to find a spot that large in my experience.

Http://www.mrheater.com

I’ve heard of many hunters using these propane heaters (they have shutoffs and alarms for low oxygen levels or high CO2, so they are rated for indoor use). But your concern of condensation would be correct with these heaters because there isn’t a flame.

I’ve heard of many hunters using these propane heaters (they have shutoffs and alarms for low oxygen levels or high CO2, so they are rated for indoor use). But your concern of condensation would be correct with these heaters because there isn’t a flame.
Used one of these in Idylwild this weekend camping with my daughter. All the other tents were freezing but we were nice and toasty. I turned it on while getting ready for bed and before she woke up and that was all we needed.

This is one of the top 10 subjects over at ROKSLIDE. Round here we don't venture to far from the truck (hatchoo........bless you)

I use the Seek outside Silvertip with no stove and two people all the time. I really like the tent. If I were to use one with a stove it would be the Seek Cimaron.
I am a fan of floorless tipi's, I think they are a great addition to the tent quiver.
F67A254A-8380-490F-8F5A-369625A95363.jpeg

Last edited:

I run one of these when I truck camp. Just too heavy to back pack with

I use the Seek outside Silvertip with no stove and two people all the time. I really like the tent. If I were to use one with a stove it would be the Seek Cimaron.
I am a fan of floorless tipi's, I think they are a great addition to the tent quiver.
View attachment 53709
Yup Cimaron is the one we are likely going to pull the trigger on! Do you run a bivy with your silvertip? Or sleeping pad on the dirt?

Yup Cimaron is the one we are likely going to pull the trigger on! Do you run a bivy with your silvertip? Or sleeping pad on the dirt?
I run a cheap amazon tarp. I think its like 30" x 84" or something like that. Super compact and lightweight works great for me. A bivy adds a lot more weight than a tarp. Just pulled the link off amazon I have had two of these for I think 4 years no issues.

I run a cheap amazon tarp. I think its like 30" x 84" or something like that. Super compact and lightweight works great for me. A bivy adds a lot more weight than a tarp. Just pulled the link off amazon I have had two of these for I think 4 years no issues.

What tarp? I need to pick one up.

FYI the Borah bivy is only 5-6oz depending on the one you get. Affordable as well. Sold my OR bivy and am getting one made custom to fit my big ass.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu