The Paul Connor Youth Mentored Turkey Hunt...2020

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Next up on the NWTF San Diego Chapter calendar is the Santa Ysabel East Preserve youth hunt...The drawing is March 7th at the Ramona Senior Ctr. in Ramona...Address is 434 Aqua Lane...The registration & seminar starts at 9:00 am...The youth hunter or huntress MUST have their current youth hunting license with them and be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian...Registration ends at 10:30...The drawing for the 20 spots, 10 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday starts at 11:00 am.

If you are drawn, you must become a member of NWTF...If you're already a member...Please bring your membership card...NWTF covers our insurance.

The hunts are March 21st and 22nd...If we have weather that does not allow us to hunt that week-end...The back-up dates are May 16th and 17th.

After you (youth) are drawn...We will have you (parent or guardian) sign all legal county documents...I will then contact you with your mentor and hunt site...Please have the parent or guardian phone number on registration card...If you have a preference on the Saturday or Sunday hunt...Please state on your registration card.

This is the best turkey hunting and experience we offer...Good luck to all.

Steve

.002.JPG003.JPEG011.JPG014.JPG001.JPG002.JPG019.JPG003.JPG007.JPG015.JPG

Last edited:
This is a great event. The kids will remember this forever , hell the parents won't forget it either.

Bummed I have a pastors retreat this weekend won’t be able to make it. The boys really wanted to go.

How much are the draws/raffle or how does that work?
Adult needs to become NTWF member? Junior? Or Both?

Reactions: MAG 1
Cturkeys.jpgome on 21st!! boys are all in this year for there last CA junior turkey massacre at grannys, just hope they stay close to the road!!...after that its slumming with the rest of the swag...

How much are the draws/raffle or how does that work?
Adult needs to become NTWF member? Junior? Or Both?
IF your child is drawn both of you must be members. NWTF carries the insurance for the park, so in order for it to cover you everyone that gets to play must be members.
No cost for draw , and no raffles at this event.

Reactions: SteveHazard
Well we had a great turn out lots of kids. 2 years in a row and she doesn't get drawn , she was super bummed. Felt bad for her, gets there early, sits right up front , and nothing.
YEP SHE'S A TURKEY HUNTER with luck like that.

Reactions: BIGCIM and SDLIVIN
Lola got drawn. She's very excited. I think she is particularly excited at the opportunity to get something that her dad has not yet. This will be a great experience for her either way. Now I need to go figure this send ammo to an FFL thing out today to get some TSS... good lord this miserable state has sure made things a PITA.

Lola got drawn. She's very excited. I think she is particularly excited at the opportunity to get something that her dad has not yet. This will be a great experience for her either way. Now I need to go figure this send ammo to an FFL thing out today to get some TSS... good lord this miserable state has sure made things a PITA.

I thought Turners had it, they had a raffle for boxes of TSS at the TTU, but not listed on their website, basspro carries it.

I thought Turners had it, they had a raffle for boxes of TSS at the TTU, but not listed on their website, basspro carries it.
.410? My Turners did not last I was there.
Basspro has it listed online and OMG it's actually cheaper then 12g like it should be... I'll call and see if the store has it.

Well we had a great turn out lots of kids. 2 years in a row and she doesn't get drawn , she was super bummed. Felt bad for her, gets there early, sits right up front , and nothing.
YEP SHE'S A TURKEY HUNTER with luck like that.
Same luck for my daughter, 2 years in a row. Her brother on the other hand looks like he got the lucky gene.
She was giving him the stink eye all the way home.

Is the hunt still on for 3/22-22, with all this rain and the virus? My boy was drawn but we haven't heard anything yet. He had his gear laid out across the living room this morning and was making lists on his iPhone.

On the converse, my wife said if anyone gives him another mouth call ,she will be castration that individual.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Is the hunt still on for 3/22-22, with all this rain and the virus? My boy was drawn but we haven't heard anything yet. He had his gear laid out across the living room this morning and was making lists on his iPhone.

On the converse, my wife said if anyone gives him another mouth call ,she will be castration that individual.

What is your child's name?....Everyone should have been contacted by now...All the hunt sites have been assigned and I've contacted each mentor...PM me if you wish.

Steve

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu